Google Video Quality Report
The Video Quality Report report sheds a light on what kind of performance your Internet Service Provider (ISP) typically delivers, how various providers stack up in your area, and what other factors play a role in video performance.
Internet Service Provider ratings
This report will give your provider one of three ratings: HD Verified, Standard Definition, or Lower Definition. These ratings represent the video streaming quality you can expect (at least 90% of the time) when you watch YouTube on an Internet Service Provider in a specific area. Here’s what each rating means:
- HD Verified: you should expect smooth playback most of the time when watching high-definition YouTube videos (720p and above).
- Standard Definition: you should expect smooth playback on standard-definition YouTube videos (360p) and may experience occasional interruptions on high-definition YouTube videos (720p and above).
- Lower Definition: during playback, you may experience fuzzy picture quality and frequent interruptions while playing YouTube videos at 360p and above.
Remember that these ratings are focused on all users on an ISP’s network in a given region, rather than your connection alone.
Here’s how to compare providers in your area:
- On a computer: click Compare providers in your area
- On a mobile site: Tap the arrow underneath Compare providers in your area
This will show a list of providers within each rating. Click into each one to learn more about their video streaming quality.
- Results are not available: The Video Quality Report is only available in select countries, so you may receive an error message, “Results from your location are not yet available.” If you receive this error message in a country where the report is available, use the Send Feedback option to let us know.
- Problems playing videos: If you’re unable to view your video in the quality associated with your ISP’s rating, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Internet Service Provider issues: If you’re having issues with your Internet Service Provider, or would like to provide them feedback, please contact them directly.